Sunday, April 3, 2011

Walnuts for brains

I mentioned in my previous post that I used to be a journalist. As a journo you get used to some of the more "interesting" characters that you meet. The weirdo's, the nutters and the attention seekers.

One of my favorite stories was about the local artist who wanted me to print a critique of a member of the state parliament (who happened to live in my home town...I'd know the woman for years before she became a politician and went to school with her kids).

The Artist wanted me to quote him-without naming him at any time-as saying that this particular politician 'had the IQ of a walnut'! I, of course, protested vigorously saying that there was no way I would be able to print that since a statement like that is considered SLANDER and would cause massive trouble-both for me and for the paper.

The Artist's response? No, it isn't slander because no one has ever proven the IQ of a walnut!!

I didn't print his article.

This was the same guy that wanted me to print copies of the "political cartoons" he used to draw. They were DISGUSTING!! Really slanderous, offensive and just plain gross!! Really sick stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment